Friday, November 30, 2012

New Weight Training Program Needed

In the last week I've been trying Jamie Eason's Livefit 12-week trainer.  I only made it to day two, after that my arms and chest were too sore to do anymore.
I decided that I wanted to lift weights again after thinking about my job and how the workload goes up and down day to day.  So what happens is we will have a lot of easy days in a row and then bam! we have a day with a big workload where I'm too busy to even think, I just work.  Then the day after I feel so tired and achey.  I believe this is from my body not being used to the higher workload.  If the workload was the same day to day then I would not become so tired.  So to compensate for the lower workload times I decided to start exercising more.  This will boost my overall fitness and keep me from getting tired.

In the last week I've been trying Jamie Eason's Livefit 12-week trainer.  I only made it to day two, after that my arms and chest were too sore to do anymore.  This plan would probably work for someone who doesn't have a physical job or has to do yard work at the same time like I do and did.  I also didn't think it was a good idea to do weight training 4 days in a row.  Yes they are different muscle each day, but you still have to grip the weights with the same muscles and some of the exercises share the same muscles.  This plan also has no cardio starting out.  No cardio for me means I don't feel as good.  A healthy heart helps heal your muscles faster.  After some thought I've decided to ditch this plan.

After I did some research into looking at different workout plans I've decided to do something similar to the P90x plan.  I like workout schedule of this plan.  It alternates days of weightlifting, cardio, stretching, and rest.  I also like that it uses cheaper home gym equipment that anyone can buy or find something to improvise with.   One thing I don't like about it are for one of the cardio workouts it has you do plyometrics.  Plyometrics are really intense to do when first starting out.  You will be catching your breath more than working out.  Another thing is how many exercises there are working out the same muscle.  Doing 5 sets of pushups in one session I believe is a bad idea when first starting out.  And that is in Phase 1.

So the workout plan I'm going to do is what I will call Phase 0.  It will be for people who are just starting to exercise.  It takes a while to get used to working out regularly and it should be taken slowly.

One of my other goals is to be in a 5k run(maybe the Fifth Third Riverbank Run) so instead of plymetrics I will be doing training walk/runs on my cardio days.

In my next blog post I will have Phase 0 workout plan all written out.

No comments:

Post a Comment